Today, I felt like writing, but didn’t know exactly what to post–something that unfortunately happens way too often for me. 😉
So I thought I would share a few fun/unique facts about myself…well, 20 things, so you can get to know me a little. It should be fun. So here we go.
- When I was about 10 years old, I would write journal entries and address them to myself!
- From the time I first heard River dance when I was little, I have been captivated by Irish music. It still has the power to either make me cry or want to get up and dance.
- When my friends and I played Pocahontas as kids, I was always John Smith haha.
- Never had a pop-tart until I was in college. Thanks, “healthy snack bar!”
- At three years old, I prayed with my mom for a pony ride, and a pony literally showed up at our door a few hours later!
- I get so excited in bookstores, I probably burn calories because my heart pounds so hard!
- I never enjoyed or watched Disney movies as much as I do now.
- My first “crush” that I can remember was Han Solo.
- Joseph is hands-down my favorite Bible story (other than everything about Jesus)
- I was saved as a young child after seeing the “Jesus film”–told my parents I wanted to give my life to Jesus.
- My historical family background is delightfully varied, including, but not limited to German, Hungarian, Sicilian, and Irish.
- Four foods that literally elevate my mood and cheer me up: pasta, popcorn, fruit, and milkshakes.
- Just recently, I almost cried while crossing a mile-high bridge in the mountains…not a heights person.
- Breakfast is probably my favorite meal…cereal, eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage!!!!
- I love thunderstorms
- From the ages of 9-12, I tried to write my own little knock-offs on American Girl stories. I called them Great Girl stories. 😉
- My favorite book as a school-aged kid was A Little Princess.
- Hiking and running are my two favorite forms of exercise, since I haven’t danced in a while.
- I have visited Israel: I saw the cracked mosaic floor of Pilate’s bathhouse, walked the Via Dolorosa (the path Jesus took through Jerusalem to the cross), and stood on the steps where Jesus preached–the whole megillah!
- I still have my childhood stuffed animals and dolls…they’re in waiting for my future children.
I may add some more another day, but this was fun! Thanks for tuning in, everybody!